Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dead Rooster

In the back of my mind I knew that letting my 2yo pick up the chicks was probably not the best idea, but she was having so much fun. Now I know It wasn't. My favorite rooster is dead. I think she broke his neck. When I turned around and saw her holding him and he wasn't squawking I new. Then she said baby night night. I was so sad. He was always the first to run up when I put my hand in there. Oh well I still have 31 more. I'm sure another one will be just as friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Even after they go outside and look full grown you may lose some to death by love. We had one full grown get hugged to death, and a bewildered little 4-year-old didn't understand what happened or what "dead" even meant. Then again, most of them survive . . . even when they get sent down the kiddie slide a dozen times before I catch them and put a stop to it!

    ReplyDelete